Overall, our ambitious and innovative project is geared towards a new paradigm for harnessing ICT-driven data culture for meeting the pristine mandates of higher education institutions to produce highly inspired generation of graduates of Animal Sciences imbued with skills and competences to utilize data intelligence for overall development.
- In line with international best practices, to develop robust data warehouse architecture to facilitate the compilation, organization and dissemination of data analytics and insights from research data, in all aspects of animal production and value chains, as a key strategy for value creation and product development.
- To participate in the organization of a reorientation programme for faculty and students of ANS/Agriculture to embrace a new culture of data and value creation to drive the developmental agenda. This, as understood, shall be partially achieved by demonstrating how, by engaging modern data management, achieving and analytics techniques; the departmental bottom lines can be positively impacted.
- To actively contribute to how the department can sustain new approaches for the acquisition of full ICT-driven research knowledge, skills and competence in harnessing data intelligence for livestock sector development.
- To participate in inspiring a wider institutional drive to monitor emerging trends in data science and technology, especially with respect to IoT, machine learning and artificial intelligence, etc., with applications to the livestock industry.
- To provide key technical skills at the department for entrenching a data culture as a critical component of research and innovation in ANS in particular, and agriculture in general.
- Create and develop ideas around the entire project that will facilitate and encourage full participation and buy in of all members of staff, both academic and non-academic. Some of such ideas may include sharing the Wi-Fi dedicated for the Project to all members of academic staff, helping members of academic staff to update their profile on OAU Scholar, Academia, providing enterprise level IT tools that will simplify routines, maintaining the departmental website etc.
- Developing capacities in live multisite data capture and analytics by the provisioning and deployment of requisite hardware and software. This is needed to develop capacities to capture data from the field, and gain meaningful insights, in real time.